What we do
The NYSAB has been set up to protect adults who may be at risk from abuse by promoting co-operation and effective working practices between different agencies.
The North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adults Board brings together a combination of NHS, Police, local government, independent and voluntary sector and community partners seeking to ensure that adult who make be vulnerable are well and safe.
The NYSAB supports the aims of adult safeguarding which are to:
- Stop abuse or neglect
- Prevent harm and reduce risk of abuse or neglect to adults with care and support needs
- Safeguard adults in a way that supports them in making choices and having control about how they want to live
- Promote an approach that concentrates on improving life for the adults concerned
- Raise public awareness so that communities as a whole, alongside professionals, play their part in preventing, identifying and responding to abuse and neglect
- Provide information and support in accessible ways to help people understand the different types of abuse, how to stay safe and what to do raise a concern about the safety and wellbeing of an adult, and
- Address what has caused the abuse or neglect