Top 10 fire safety tips
Follow our top 10 fire safety tips:
- Fit a smoke alarm and check it regularly.
- Make a fire action plan so that everyone in your house knows how to escape in the event of fire.
- Take care when cooking with hot oil and think about using thermostatically controlled deep fat fryers.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Ensure cigarettes are stubbed out and disposed of carefully.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Keep clothing away from heating appliances.
- Take care in the kitchen! Accidents whilst cooking account for a large number of fires in the home.
- Take special care when you are tired or when you’ve been drinking.