In 2015 we worked closely with authorities in West Yorkshire to adopt a policy and procedure that promotes the values of empowerment from making safeguarding personal.
The new policy and procedure reflects the changes in the Care Act and should ensure staff and volunteers understand what abuse is and how to respond to concerns. The procedure seeks to promote strong partnership arrangements by:
- Providing a framework for multi-agency working and partnership;
- Providing a framework for recognising and taking action to prevent the abuse of adults at risk;
- Defining the responsibilities of partner organisations in responding to safeguarding adult concerns/allegations;
- Providing common values, principles and practice that underpin the safeguarding of adults at risk;
- Identifying the different types of abuse, signs, symptoms and indicators; and
- Setting standards of practice that safeguard adults at risk.
Additional supporting policies, procedures, guidance and forms that support this procedure will be available on this site as they are developed.